Here Comes the Sun

"Here Comes the Sun", pastel 12x16"



Standing in the brilliant sun trying to paint this glowing barn was very memorable. I had a terrible time choosing colors, but I loved the way the barn seemed to glow. I was almost blinded by the light and couldn't quite get is right. The painting sat in the drawer I call "You've got one more chance!"

Today I took the painting out of its exile to give it another chance and get myself warmed up to painting after a two month lapse. It was fun to try to capture the memory of an iridescent spring afternoon.

I got my hands dirty and played with my pastels!
Judy

ps
My Pastel Painting class starts on September 17! Come and play!!!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited