I Need Some Spring Tonic

  



Last Saturday I did a painting demonstration at the Brandon Artists Guild in Brandon, Vermont in conjunction with our show "Art from Farm to Table". There were about 20 attendees and lots of good questions! Here are some of the progress photos as I played with my pastels...



Initial sketch in charcoal...

  


I then created a value under painting in charcoal...





I begin to add color...



I took a vote as to whether or not I should dull down the background and I began to do that. 
And this is where I stopped the demonstration...




I worked on the painting for a few days and I think I am finished! Thank you to all who came and the staff at the Brandon Artists Guild!

Spring Tonic, pastel, 12x16"


Comments

  1. So helpful to see your process in photos. Wish I could have been there! Love the finished painting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited