Comfort Zone Revisited


"My Happy Place", pastel 12x12"

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone" Neale Donald Walsch


I have had a few days of not being in a happy place, painting wise. Nothing was going right. I thought I had forgotten all I knew about painting. What was going on?

 I had started a painting that was giving me so many problems because the board I was painting on was very rough and didn't accept the pastel in a way I was used to at all. What a struggle. I finally went back to it today and wrestled my way through it. Still not happy!

I started a new painting on a board that I love and am familiar with. Wow! What a difference. Here is the progression...


This is my charcoal sketch which carefully included the values I will be wanting to remember as I paint.

First rough in that follows the map I have laid out. I was happier already.

The latest version may have some tweaks added, but I think I have found my happy place again!

Hope you are having fun playing with your pastels!
Judy
www.judyalbrightart.com


Comments

  1. Wonderful painting, Judy! How you treated the small crocheted linen, the beautiful large gingham tablecloth underneath, the reflections in the blue bowl...really, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurelle. I may try another painting with some teacups this time! I am working on a painting a day challenge, but I probably won't be able to keep up. Life gets in the way of painting sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Judy, I love, love, love this painting!! I was attracted to the blue reflection on the lemons, the crocheted piece and the background! I am doing the 30-30 and it's like running a marathon. Not sure I will keep up either!
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lou! I would love to see what you are doing for the 30-30. Send me something!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!