Out of Our Comfort Zone

"Winter Sun", pastel, 5x7"

"If we are growing, we are always going to be out of our comfort zone."

John Maxwell



I thought I could paint more loosely, less tightly, if I painted small.  Instead, I painted tighter than ever, trying to hold onto control of the painting!

Well, at least I was trying to push myself out of my comfort zone at the Robert Carsten workshop this past weekend at the Southern Vermont Art Center.  It is amazing how we resist ourselves, even when we want to change the way we do things. The painting above is an example of this. I'm not displeased, but I was wanting to let go of my old ways at this workshop. Robert is an excellent teacher, by the way. Take a class with him if he comes to your area.

Taking classes and one time workshops can help you come out of your comfort zone. My classes will be taking a winter recess, but will return in January!

Stay tuned... and keep playing with your pastels!
Judy
www.judyalbrightart.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited