Good Company


 
 
"Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter."
 
Izaak Walton


Thanks to all of you who came to the Open House on October 26th to see my work in my second corporate show, "Tea & Co." here in Middlebury, VT. The music, the food and the enthusiastic crowd was wonderful!

We are all on a journey of one sort or another. Being new in the area, I was touched by the number of my new friends who came out to support me on a rainy night as I follow my artistic journey.


Making art is risky business! We put ourselves out there even knowing that our work will be judged. Liked by some and not by others. It can be very scary, so I find it is important to surround myself with people who are going to "lift me higher."


Because not every painting is a gem! The surface I used for All the Tea in China had a painting on it that was a disaster. I washed it off with water and then tried to hide the image of the old painting by using a brush and rubbing alcohol. You can still see remnants of it under the value drawing that I did in charcoal.

I enjoyed painting this one. Everything seemed to just flow effortlessly as I worked. And I like the influence of the "disaster painting" to the final outcome.

Hope you have some fun playing with your pastels!
Judy
www.judyalbrightart.com

Comments

  1. Tx. We talked at our hub about re-using surfaces with the technique you described. You're a real Vermonter now: our motto is Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and you've done the middle one! (Actually, even though I lived here 35 years, I'm still not considered a Vermonter. unless you're born here. Maybe you were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not born in Vermont but my great, great, great grandparents were. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited