Be Ready for Inspiration


 
What should I paint?
 
Sometimes I feel stuck and uninspired. Sometimes I want to paint, but I just can't seem to find the right subject.
 
Has this ever happened to you? 

If your thoughts about what to paint feel frozen and you feel somewhat panicked, stop and breathe!
The place to start is where you feel calm and relaxed and happy. Do you love your garden? Then go there and choose something to paint that brings you joy. A single flower blossom in an old medicine bottle, perhaps? 
 
Maybe you have a favorite walk you take to unwind and shake off the cares of the day. Stop and take a reference photo of the light through the trees or a spectacular sunset. 
 
If we are open and maybe even a little vulnerable, inspiration will choose us. Be open to the moment and breathe.

If you are taking my class right now, you have an assignment to bring in a reference photo for a future painting. Just breathe and find something you love. I will teach a lesson on composition and cropping a reference photo, so don't worry about anything else. Just love what you love.

You know what is right around the corner... playing with pastels!

Judy
judyalbrightart.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited