Experimentation!

"Future Home of Experimentation"   pastel, 14x11"
I am starting a new series of paintings that are inspired from another I did last year.

In a workshop with Marla Bagetta we were asked to find an object in the room and to paint it larger than life size.

I found an empty mayonnaise jar and quickly painted it! I really had fun.

I found some interesting glass containers at an antique store and began to think about how many different things they might hold.





This old beaker is the "future home of experimentation. My mayonnaise jar is the "temporary home for fireflies".


I'm experimenting with adding text to the painting.  Tell me what you think!

Judy
ps
New classes will start on Friday, July 10th, 1 - 4 PM at the Northlight Art Center. Please let me know if you would like to attend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited