Here's to the Girls!



"Take a Bow!" SOLD


I did a series of paintings this past winter. I started on January 1st, actually, and the first six paintings were of Spanish Quinces!

My friend Michael had loaned me a basket because he saw that they were lovely and a great subject to paint.

They reminded me of ladies... Zeifield Follies ladies to be more precise! I really enjoyed the fun poses they gave me and had a blast with this series. 
 
(This is a great song  and dance number  to honor those "wonderful ladies" featuring Fred Astaire and Lucille Ball!)

 
Some things to think about in a series...
  • Think about the size... this series is all small
  • Think about frames... they are all framed the same
  • Think about palette... I used the same palette for all of them


Theme & Inspiration
"ingenue" SOLD
Fridays, 1 - 4 PM
May 15th to June 19th
$240/six sessions
Where do we get our inspiration for painting? How can we kick-start some ideas for paintings with a theme? What subjects really speak to us? In this series we will find our individual creative voices to plan a personal journey in art making. All 2-D mediums are invited - drawing, oil, acrylic, pastel or watercolor. 

Please contact me if you want to enroll in the class!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited