The Mind's Eye



"River to Knowhere"



Painting a landscape from your imagination... sounds simple! Or does it? It actually sounds like it might be hard!!!

We have so much in our "mind's eye" but just remember to keep it simple and keep it suggestive!

My students will see how I used atmospheric perspective and radiating lines  in this painting to invite the viewer into my imaginary world. Notice how the color becomes cooler, lighter and duller in the distance? How there are more details in the foreground?

As an artist you are continually developing and retaining a store of images relating to everything you see. You never know where your imagination might lead you!

Judy
ps
I will be starting a new series of classes beginning on Friday, May 16th. If you have any thoughts about what you would like the focus to be, let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited