Focus on Flowers


Dear (Contact First Name),
I hope you are looking forward to our focus on flowers class this week! 

Blossoms on Main Street, 12x12" pastel  
Introduction to Drawing and Painting  with Pastels - 
Focus on Flowers 

Inspired by the approaching signs of spring, this next six week series will focus on learning to draw and paint flowers.

Fridays, 1 - 4 PM
5/9, 5/16, 5/23, 5/30, 6/6, 6/20  
$225 
Northlight Art Center  
5 Calkinstown Road
Sharon, CT 

In tomorrow's class we will be getting up close and personal with flowers! We will look at paintings by Georgia O'Keefe and try our hand at close ups!

To get inspired, look at some of O'Keefe's famous flower paintings here. You might enjoy this short video about her paintings, too.

I will be bringing some flowers and I invite you all to bring some if you like. While O'Keefe painted very large canvases, we will be sticking to whatever size you prefer. I love this quote...

"I decided that if I could paint that flower in a huge scale, you could not ignore its beauty. "
- Georgia O'Keeffe

Judy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited