To Go!

Thanks for the birthday cake (Carolyn!) and warm birthday wishes from my class!

I have been working on another limited palette painting in my Diner Series.

I started with a value under painting...

I used charcoal and light blue pastel on grey Ampersand board.

Next I began to add in color. My plan was to use only shades of blue and deep, bright red.




I think I am finished...


To Go!, pastel, 18x24"
Homework Challenge!
  • We took some time last week to talk about GREEN. Did you look in your pastel collection to see if you need more light, dark, cool or warm greens? 
  • Watch this video of Liz Haywood-Sullivan. It is a sampler so it is short, but she talks about green, painting trees using an under painting and adding details.
  • There will be a simple still life set up or you may bring still life objects you can set up yourself or bring a reference photo for something you are working on.
Judy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited