A New Friend... Your Sketch Journal

My sketch journal feels like an art buddy to me. I didn't keep one early on in my journey to become able to paint and draw and I'm sorry that I didn't. Since I began keeping them I now have a record of workshops, thumbnails for paintings yet to come and a companion as the journey progresses.

I don't just keep sketches, I keep notes from workshops. New things I have learned about color and composition. And ideas for a series or painting titles.

Of course the most important thing about a sketch journal is that it gives you the opportunity to work out the values and composition with pencil and an eraser!

Students!

If you are taking one of my classes be sure to bring  a sketch journal and pencil, preferably a soft pencil that will make dark marks.

I like the Cachet Classic sketch books 5.5x8.5" which you can get here at Jerry's Artarama.

Make a new friend!

Judy

Judy Albright Fine Art, LLC


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited