True Colors!

"Welcome!", Pastel, 6x6"

"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."

Marc Chagall

This painting was done as a demo for the Creativity Fest at Middlebury Studio School a few weeks ago. There is a wonderful community of artists there that have made me feel very welcome!

I  am currently teaching a class there that focuses on understanding and using color theory to make our paintings stronger.  This past week we reacquainted ourselves with the Color Wheel. I try to keep one with me wherever I paint and, even more importantly, I try to keep it clearly in my head!

Can you "hear" the conversation between the complimentary colors in the painting above?

If you want a quick refresher lesson on the color wheel, this short video by Bill Martin will be helpful.

Enjoy this colorful day!
Judy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited