True Grit



I'm still thinking Spring! But, alas, I am only working inside my studio on spring subjects!

Recently I have had questions from students about choosing papers. I seem to be a bit of a stick-in-the-mud about surfaces and generally choose from only a few.

Some companies offer sanded papers that come in a variety of grits. They all perform differently, so it is a good idea to try out 240, 600 or 800 to see what you prefer.

I have a wonderful video for you all to watch from pastel artist Karen Margulis about different Uart grit papers that includes a great landscape demo! Karen is very generous with her knowledge and you will learn a lot

"New Paths, New Beginnings"
You can buy this painting at DailyPaintWorks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited