Portait of an Apple

Portrait of an Apple

charcoal value under-painting

I missed working with you all last week! This snow is getting to be annoying!!!


I have a still life photo of some fruit that I printed out so that we all can work together. I will ask you to find your own composition from the photo. This should spark an interesting discussion about shape and size of the surface, etc.



Then we will...
  • Do a small, quick value study in your sketchbook - focused on composition and value. Like this one to the right...
  • Do a charcoal under-painting on your surface like the one above.
I will choose a palette and do a demo that will finish this lovely apple portrait. Then you will choose a palette for your painting to paint on top of your under-painting!

Sound like fun? 
Judy
I have been asked for more demos, so here is one I found on YouTube that you might enjoy! I've never seen the crumbled pastel, brayer thing before! 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited