New classes start this Friday!

Beginning Drawing And Painting With Pastel with Judy Albright
Fridays , January 24-February 28  1-4PM   
6 Weeks/$225 
 
If you have always wanted to learn to draw and paint, but are a bit afraid to try... this is the class for you!
In this stress free, fun class, participants will experience a nurturing community atmosphere that will ignite artistic and personal growth whether you are a first time explorer or have had some experience.
Students in this class will develop basic drawing and painting techniques while discovering their own style. Using guided, personalized instruction students will improve their drawing skills and learn how to choose colors and tones that create harmony in their work and enhance their ability to compose their pastel paintings effectively.

Winter is upon us and I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, filled with family and friends. 
Probably, like you, I have been so busy with holiday events and end of year activities, that I have not been in the studio until today.

Before Christmas I did get into the studio to do a painting of birds that was inspired by my friends. Today, I decided to try another in a series of birds; a subject I have been interested in working on for a time. This is the thumbnail drawing for the painting.


Next I did a charcoal value under drawing with charcoal to set the stage for the painting. This is on grey Ampersand sanded board. My favorite surface!

Then I worked on adding color to the painting.

Here is a detail where I am adding texture to the painting.

I am not yet finished, but at least I got back into the studio!

My challenge to you for this next block of classes is to think about a series. There are so many topics and ideas you can explore.
Bring a list of ideas that you might want to explore in a series to class on Friday. We will share and inspire each other and see what happens!

Here's to living an art-filled life!
Judy   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've looked at life...

Bird Inspiration!

Comfort Zone Revisited